- IFAC Young Author Award
- In order to stimulate the involvement of young scientists and engineers in IFAC, as well as to recognize top-level contributions of the younger generation in our field and to support their careers, IFAC will stimulate to have a Young Author Award at every IFAC symposium and conference.
- Eligibility Criteria
- an age criterion of max 30 years old at the time of the event, for the first and presenting author of a paper, with motivated exemptions on the age criterion to deal with gender
and cultural differences so as to allow for a fair competition, or a criterion on the PhD-student status of the first and presenting author, at the time of paper submission.
The following submission/nomination procedure is followed that is supported by Papercept:
- The award is announced on the website of the conference/symposium
- Nominations are solicited through Papercept after the submission of papers has been closed.
- No self-nominations are allowed. Nominations are typically made by supervisors or reviewers.
- An awards selection committee, appointed by the IPC chair, selects a number of finalists, on the basis of the nomination letters,
the review reports, and the papers. Finalists are informed before the event.
- The selection committee selects a winner out of the finalists, after having attended the presentation of the paper at the event.
- The award is presented preferably at a plenary event during the conference/symposium.